ColorForm is based on the principle of multi-component injection molding, which has been proven for many years. The notable aspect of this is that the basic carrier is flow-coated with polyurethane (PU) or polyurea (PUA) as a surface material in the second cycle after injection molding of the thermoplastic base body. This provides an exceptionally high-quality, scratch-resistant surface.
- Substitution of conventional painting steps
- Minimizing logistics costs in the production of painted components
- Fewer rejects compared to conventional painting processes
- Cost-effective implementation of premium surfaces with new effects
- Reduced manufacturing costs
- Increase in cost-efficiency
- Space-saving production design
- Quick colour changes
- High gloss directly out of the mold entirely without follow-up polishing
- Sophisticated surface aesthetics and enhancement of visible parts and covers for increased turnover
- Scratch resistance
- Ability to create structured surfaces and logo depictions with high detail in the surface
- UV and chemical resistance
- Freedom from solvents and release agents
- High viscosity and the thinnest layers can even be achieved around edges
Swivel plate technology
The mold parting lines lie behind one another. The injection unit and
The swivel plate, which rotates around the vertical machine axis after the injection and is flooded with polyurethane/polyurea after the mold is clamped tightly, is located in the center section.
At the same time, the next thermoplastic preform is created in the second cavity.
After the first component is injected and cools down, the mold is opened. The mold-halves in a two or four-stroke design are turned using a turntable on a moving platen.
Then, the preform is flooded with polyurethane/polyurea while the first component is injected into the available cavity.
Index plate technology
Thermoplastic is injected into the first cavity, which is part of the index
Retracting the index plate sets the preform on another mold core and
At the same time, the second cavity can be filled with thermoplastic.
Současně může být druhá dutina zaplňována termoplastem.
Sliding table technology
Sliding table technology is perfect for beginners with low unit quantities thanks to simple upgrading of existing KraussMaffei machines. The mold consists of a core side and two cavity sides. The two thermoplastic components and polyurethane/polyurea are injected sequentially..
|Ready-to-install components for immediate subsequent processing